Five Days of Christmas Cookies (DAY 5): Nonna Gina’s Pie Crust Cookies
These cookies are awesome. So easy, so good and come together in minutes. All you have to do is roll out some pie dough, sprinkle some really good filling, roll it back up and bake. That’s it! Its all the good toppings of a quality ice cream sundae rolled up in a pie crust.
Serve this cookie with some vanilla ice cream and man, will you be in heaven! The best part is, you probably have all the ingredients lying in the pantry right now.
So, the next time you realize you totally forgot about the cookie swap you need to go to tonight, make these and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Nonna Gina's Pie Crust Cookies
Prep time: Total time:
1 high quality store bought pie dough, I like Trader Joes
½ cup strawberry jam
3 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped small
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough on a large piece of parchment paper and spread strawberry jam all over the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar. Cover with a layer of cherries, chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Brush egg wash over the dough and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until crust is a golden brown.
- Allow the roll to cool and then, using a serrated knife cut thin pieces.
Buon Appetito and Merry Christmas!